Translate

Wednesday 17 September 2014

"Bernard & Blue" is ready :)


"Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's hurting..." John Turner & Geoffrey Parsons


I'm so glad to announce that my major project is done! I'm so happy but at the same time I'm sad, because it was a great experiance and I wish it could last longer... I am so grateful to have that chance to be invited to Bernard's life. During shooting and later at editing I just felt like I'm going back in time because of Bernard's music haha. It was just great sweet-sounding journey to 40's and 50's. Even writing this I have a big smile on my face...
That's why I love making documentaries about people because there  is something magical about it.It's like archeology, you can always discover something but not necessarily about that particular person, but about your self as well. Bernard's favourite song "Smile" sang by Nat King Cole (1954), was originally composed by Charlie Chaplin in 1936 for his movie "Modern Times".It was just the music, lyrics was added in 1954 by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons. Bernard told me that this song was always his motto and that's the way he is approaching his life. And here it is a bit of that magic I spoke about earlier. Charlie Chaplin is one of my biggest inspirations and here we go :)somehow he inspired Bernard as well. 
Movie poster was design by lovely Silvia Asparuhova and drawing was done by my friend Eleonora Asparuhova (here you can find Eleonora's blog). Thank you so much guys xxx
The whole film is around 40 minutes and  will be on line soon...
For now here you can find trailer of my movie.





With Gratitude
Magdalena

No comments:

Post a Comment